Here’s the rundown: I am a wife to a rock star husband (no, he’s not famous, but he is rock star in my book) and a mother of two small children (almost two year old boy, five year old girl) with big personalities. Some things you should know in order to fully understand the direction and choices made in this blog:
- I’m a Jersey girl at heart, but now live in an extremely rural part of north Texas.
- I learned to sew recently as an adult, picking it up much quicker than I ever thought possible and loving every moment of it. I’ll be taking you along with me as I pursue this new
addictionpassion. I run a little Etsy shop called Essential Oils Totes which sells handmade essential oils cases and key rings. It’s pretty fun.
- We have also begun homeschooling our five year old (in a very loose and play-based kind of way) so I’ll be sharing that adventure, too!
- My background is in music and you would hear me singing any day of the week if you were in my home so you’ll probably hear me singing on this blog. My husband says living with me is like living with Mary Poppins. I’ll take that as a compliment (though I’m not sure it was meant that way)!
- I am a Christian with strong beliefs which I came to as an adult, which I will never attempt to force on anyone, but which I love to converse about deeply.
- I love my family and I love my life, even on the hardest of days.
About the blog: This is a NO FRILLS look into a real life which looks exactly the same yet profoundly different than any other real life out there. There will be some tips, inspiration, maybe some laughs, showing off, shouts for help, etc. I’m learning everything (including the strange world of blogging) as I go and letting everything unfold before me, which means that when you are reading about a sewing project or a homeschool book, you’re most likely learning about it with me, not from me. I truly hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them, and that I can add some joy to your day!